Speech & Drama
As a Speech & Drama teacher with 20 years' experience I believe:
1. In the teaching of students on a one to one basis or in small groups.
2. In the many benefits that learning Speech & Drama offers including:
• The building of a young person's confidence through self expression and performance in front of both small and large audiences.
• The establishment and growth of high level communication skills that will remain with a student throughout their academic and professional lives.
• The fostering of a student's imagination and creativity.
• The correction of minor speech irregularities and impediments.
• Exposure to a wide range of different genres of literature.
• Development not only of speaking skills but also listening skills, body language and concentration.
• A sense of achievement and progression.
3. In making the learning of Speech & Drama a fun and rewarding experience.
4. In the benefits of performance and sense of achievement that comes from completing levels of Speech & Drama examinations. I teach the Trinity Guildhall Syllabus and actively encourage my students' participation in the annual Ipswich Junior & Silkstone Eisteddfods.